National Open Science Festival:
31 August 2023
opens 1 June 2023
Call open for workshop / session / marketplace proposals:
15 March 2023 – 15 May 2023
Notification of acceptance or rejection:
26 May 2023
CALL FOR PROPOSALS!
WORKSHOPS | SESSIONS | MARKET PLACE
We’re inviting researchers to design and lead an interactive in-person workshop or session at the Open Science Festival on 31 August 2023. Alternatively you can present an initiative and apply for a booth at the Market Place. Please submit your proposal before 15 May 2023 by using the form here below: leads from approved proposals will be contacted before 1 June 2023 and your description will be published on the website of the festival before registration opens, also on 1 June.
In the morning of the festival day there is space for workshops (duration: 90 minutes, divided in 2 x 45 mins with a break) and a few sessions (duration: 45 min). In the afternoon, there will be two rounds of sessions (duration: 45 minutes).
We particularly invite proposals for workshops and sessions that are interactive and rooted in local initiatives. Proposals that encourage the participation of attendees will be favoured over proposals with more than 50% of the time reserved for speakers (unless a convincing reason for this format is given).
We are especially interested in contributions that focus on topics such as:
- Practical skill sessions such as working sprints or hackathons, for instance about preprints, preregistration, use of tools or platforms for practicing open science across the research cycle;
- Setting up and maintaining open communities;
- Network meetings (even if the network has not been formalised yet);
- Open Access in your domain;
- How to involve citizens in your research;
- How to build team science;
- Open/FAIR Software;
- Putting FAIR and open data into practice;
- Proposals that look beyond disciplinary and National boundaries;
- Societal engagement.
Please do not feel limited to only these topics. English is the official language of the Festival. In the form below, you are asked to reply to the following questions:
- Names and contact details of organiser(s):
- Format and structure;
- Title and short description that summarizes the workshop/session/presentation, its rationale and relevance for the participants of the National Open Science Festival (max. 500 words for workshops and sessions, 250 words for the Marketplace);
- Target audience;
- Preferred outcomes for participants of the workshop/session;
- Requirements (screens, set up of tables, flipcharts, etc.)