- Announcement full programme & registration for sessions: 8 June 2022
The call for sessions and workshop is closed. Thanks to everyone who submitted! Leads from approved sessions will be contacted from 1 June 2022 onwards.
=== original call ===
The program committee invites researchers to design and lead an interactive workshop or session for the National Open Science Festival on 1 September 2022. Sessions and workshops will be held in-person only at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
In the morning, there’s space for workshops (duration: 110 minutes, 6 slots) and a few sessions (duration: 45 min). In the afternoon, there will be two rounds of sessions (duration: 45 minutes, 12 slots).
We particularly invite proposals for sessions that are interactive and rooted in local initiatives. Therefore, proposals that encourage the participation of attendees will be favoured over proposals with more than 50% of the time reserved for speakers (unless a convincing reason for this format is given). If you want to simply present an initiative we ask you to apply for the call for the Lunch Marketplace.
We are especially interested in contributions that focus on topics such as:
- Practical skill sessions, for instance about preprints, preregistration, use of tools or platforms for practicing open science across the research cycle;
- Open Access in your domain;
- How to involve citizens in your research;
- How to build team science and how to collaborate with not so obvious others;
- Open/FAIR Software;
- Putting FAIR and open data into practice;
- Setting up and maintaining open communities;
- Working-sprints with peers on a specific open topic;
- Network meetings (even if the network has not been formalised yet);
- Proposals that look beyond disciplinary and National boundaries;
- Societal engagement
Please do not feel limited to only these topics.
Every submission will be reviewed by the programme committee based on its relevance to Open Science in the Netherlands and hence is subject for acceptance.
Please note that in order to visit and/or host a session, you are required to register for the Open Science Festival.